Sélectionner une page

Hey, Doug. Here is a more complicated situation: I worked 10 years in Romania, I emigrated to the United States in 1990 and I worked until 1995. In 1994, I emigrated to Canada from the United States and worked in Canada for a year (1995). From 1996 to 2019, I commuted to the United States. I plan to retire at 67 in 2022. Make an invoice: 1. I lived and worked in Romania for 10 years 2. I lived in Canada for 28 years, but I only worked for three years. I lived in the United States for 4 years and worked for 31 years How is my pension calculated? Ro pension-CPP (one year) – Old Security – USA SS? I`ll be excluded from WEP in the U.S., but I wonder if the Can Old Security is 28/40 max? Self-employed workers, contractors or part-time workers who do not qualify through their employer are part of the kokin nenkin public plan (also known as Category 1).

Those who work full-time are generally enrolled in the K-Sei-Nenkin (Category II) plan through their employers. Dependent spouses of workers registered with K`seinkin and whose annual income is less than $1.3 million may register as « Class II dependent spouses » (Category III). In this case, their pensions are supported by the system and subsidized by everyone who deposits — a nice break. (However, there is no break for Category I dependent spouses – they must register in kokumin nenkin and pay their own way.) If you have contributed to both Canada`s pension plan and the Japanese pension program, or if you have lived in Canada and Japan, this agreement can help you qualify: social security legislation and arrangements are complex. This page contains only general information and may not describe all the provisions applicable to your situation. This question from readers offers a good introduction to the main categories of pensions. In principle, all people aged 20 to 59 in Japan must be enrolled in a retirement plan, although there are deferral systems for low-income students or youth, as explained in an article in Lifelines earlier this year. Many older Japanese are ready and able to work until their silver years. Today, it is not uncommon for those who receive the pension to have some kind of part-time job. As long as they work less than six hours a day and less than 20 days a month, this income does not affect their retirement income. I help my father apply for his OAS and CPP disability and I have some difficulty understanding eligibility. Please help me.

My family and I emigrated to Canada in 1986. My father worked for CPP from 1987 to 2009, he returned to Taiwan in 2009 and retired there in his hometown. He applied for the Taiwan superannuation. Is he entitled to the OAS and the CPC? If I help him apply, does he meet the minimum requirements? I am a Canadian citizen – worked in the United States for 3 different companies (28 quarters in total), returned to Canada in 2009. Have worked as an employee and also independent for parts of this period. Currently (I am 73 years old), I receive CPP/OAS services at the same time as a supplement of QPP – I am employed as a teacher, so my income varies depending on the course load. Is there, as an income recipient in the United States, a certain 7-year pension that I could receive because of the high amount of mandatory SS contributions I made while I was employed in the United States? You know that I am not directly entitled to U.S. pension benefits because I do not fill the required 40 quarters of employment. … would an additional benefit under international agreements be available in this regard? If you are the widower, widower or child of a person who has contributed to the retirement programs of both countries, this agreement can help you: Hello Steven – There is a provision that the OAS application could lead to a full OAS pension one year after returning to Canada, based on the « 3 to 1 » rule, but this provision does not apply to people born after July 1, 1952.